Sunday, June 27, 2010

A Trip Because We Can

This past Monday we went down to Onalaska and I was sitting on the couch next to my father and I said, "Let's go to Spokane." He replied with, "You can, go ahead." I sat there and thought about it for a minute. Me, go to Spokane without my family or at least my father?? I had never done that before. Then after thinking about it some more, I realized that I could go to Spokane if I wanted to. Spencer didn't start work til the next week and we weren't doing much with our summer vacation, just sitting around watching movies or letting the day pass away. Quite boring actually. So I pitched the idea to Spencer and he was game.

We left the next day, Tuesday June 22. We left after Isabell's nap time hoping she would sleep for a few hours in the car, but sadly it only last for about an hour. She was pretty good most of the trip, but started to get a little tired of being in the car when we only had about 2 and 1/2 hours left. Now I don't know if she was trying to trick us, or if it was a true statement but after that point she kept saying, "I need to go poopoo!" After she said it we would ask her if she actually needed to go or if she just wanted out and she would reply with, "I want to get out." So it will remain a mystery which was the truth, but it made me feel really bad everytime she said it, but we had already stopped once to see if she would go and she didn't, so by that point we just wanted to get to Spokane so the kid had to suffer in the car seat.

Once we got to Spokane Isabell was sooooo happy to be free from the car she just went all over Grandma and Papa's house. She was so full of energy and she warmed up quickly to Grams and Papa. She became really attatched to Papa, which isn't surprising, but it did make me feel bad when he was trying to get breakfast ready in the morning and Isabell wouldn't leave him alone.

Isabell fell asleep on the way to the park. Apparently we were bad parents because we went during nap time.


Spencer and Isabell at Manatoh Park.

On Wednesday Spencer and I thought it would be fun to take Isabell to a park so we went to Manatoh Park. I think she really enjoyed it, but me on the other hand, I'm a little out of shape to be walking all over and I was definitely not dressed for the warm weather so the trip was a little short. Afterwards we went out to eat at the Golden Corral Buffet. Now that everyone enjoyed. Isabell got her chocolate milk, and snacky foods to eat. She did pretty good most of the time, sitting in her own chair half the time and sharing one on my lap. Spencer even let her have her own bowl of ice cream (a small one of course). Amazingly enough she barely ate any of it. There was a problem that it was melting quickly but still I was surprised she barely made a dent in it. She did have fun though with dipping her cucumber in it and licking it. That day was ended with the three of us going out to Tum Tum. Now that was really enjoyable. Nice and relaxing just being the three of us. You know what's funny? It takes a family vacation to spend some quality time together. I mean right now Spencer and I pretty much do nothing all day, sometimes we do nothing together and sometimes we do nothing separate, but all in all it's pretty much nothing. But when we're out at Tum Tum together, we do everything together. We play with Isabell and when she's napping or asleep we play games together. It was really enjoyable.

Iz in her new swim suit Grandma (Dee Dee) got her.



Thursday Isabell really wanted to get in the water. She kept saying "Go to the water." "Go swimming!!" So Spencer and I braved the cold and took her in the water. She really enjoyed it. I couldn't get myself to go more than four steps down. Spencer actually got in all the way, but only up to his waist, so he could pull Iz in her floating device. At first she had a problem with the cold water when just her feet were in, but when we put her in the tube she didn't say anything about it being cold, I was suprised because I would have squealed like a little girl. After the Iz and I played for a little bit up by the cabin then we went inside for lunch, and then put Iz down for a nap. During her nap Spencer and I played Mario Party2. We both really enjoy playing games together, espeically ones like that. That night Debby made taco soup for Papa and a bunch of the fam. was coming over for it so we did too. It ended up being us, Debby, Nate, Steve A., Jeanette, Grandma, Papa, Molly, Cameron, Monica, Donnie, Allie, Dylan, and Blake. It was really fun. Isabell became super attatched to Monica. Always wanted to be with her and playing with her. It was really nice seeing Isabell play with those kids, running around and chasing them. What made it so nice was, she wasn't ever mean. Usually in the past Iz is a bully when it comes to other kids but not this time. Then we were back out to Tum Tum.

Friday was a bit of a crazy day because we had to clean the cabin, go see Grandma and Papa, go see Grandma Laura, then head out back home. Grandma's neighbor, Margrett had recently passed away so her relatives were having an estate sale and Grandma was over there helping every now and then again. I really look up to my Grandma. She is so willing to help others. I always hear her talking about helping with this, looking after that person, and so on. It seems to be she always has at least 4 or 5 people she has under her watch. For example right now, Granmda P, her neighbor Lou who has cancer, her sister Linda who recently lost her husband, and then the lady' neighbor's family and the estate sale. I really admire her for that, and I hope I can be the same way, but not just when I'm older with "nothing else to do". I realize now that sometimes I get a little too caught up in my own life and problems and forget to think about others. I'm working on changing that. Anyway back to the events of the day, helping clean out Margrett's house made Grandma think about when both she and Papa are gone and everything her kids are going to have to go through. I told her, a lot more of it is probably going to want to be kept by your family than you think. So she took me on a tour of the downstairs walls. It was fascinating to see a century put on walls through my family's life. I would love to keep a lot of it, actually I would love to keep it all right where it is and make it a museum type thing of our family, but I know that's a little ridiculous. She has a lot of things that are just "old" and not used anymore, so that makes me think I should randomly start saving old boxes and packages because some day they too will be old and cool looking right? But I know Spencer would kill me if I just started collecting a bunch of junk/garbage.

Isabell at Autobahn Park with her new dolly.


We met Grandma Luara and to our nice surprise, Uncle Wayne at Autobahn Park by Finch Elementry School. Grandma Luara gave Isabell a new doll and Isabell was so cute, carrying it around on the playground. Then we moved on to the little water park they have there now. Isabell wouldn't go in any of the sprinklers all the way but she did have fun "kicking" the water with Mama. Afterwards we went to Tomato Street for dinner, and oh my did Isabell love that place. They had a big chalk board in the waiting room she got to draw on, then she could draw on the tables and she got playdough to play with. We ordered her food but to no surprise she barely ate any of it. After our meal we were still sitting around chatting and I thought I would be nice and stack up our glasses for our watier. Apparently I stacked them a little too high because after a while, just all of a sudden, they fell in my direction leaving my with a pop, ice tea, water, chocolate milk, wet spot on my pants. I was so embarressed because it kinda looked like I peed my pants, so now I'm just this pregnant lady with a weak bladder. Oh well.

From there it was on the road for the long trip home. Isabell did much better but we left at 7 and she didn't fall asleep til 10:30 which is very late for her. We stayed the night at my parents house because we had to be out at Iknswa Lake at noon on Saturday to see Spencer's Grandpa Bill from Florida. The weather in Spokane was really nice the whole time we were there. Spencer and I even got to see a thunder and lighnting storm out at Tum Tum our first night there. We just sat on the swing in each other's arms, it was extremely nice and I hope that happens more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment